Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Best Features of Facebook


Welcome to the second part of the blog series in which I share what I feel are the best features of Twitter, Facebook and Google+. You can read my thoughts about Twitter here.

Let’s move on to Facebook. Since I’m only discussing positive features of Facebook, this will not be a very long post. Facebook is the most widely-used social media outlet used on the planet and this achievement directly influences my following thoughts.

Best Features || Personal Standpoint
  • Widely Used – Everyone uses Facebook, even that kid you haven’t seen since he left your school after third grade. If you want to be in the loop, Facebook is the place to be.
  • Family Matters – Facebook is everything we love about family reunions, just without the travel time and awkward conversations with Aunt Sue’s son*. Keep up with relatives from across the country via their status updates. (* - that would be me)
Best Features || Business Standpoint
  • Widely Used – Facebook’s popularity plays right into the first rule of marketing: get your message where the people are.
  • Fan Familiarity – Your company’s Facebook Fans are very familiar with contest tabs and rarely hesitate to share your page if it increases their chances to win. Facebook contests are surefire ways to build on established loyalty while showing potential to gain new fans.
I’m sure I’m overlooking most of Facebook’s other great features. Let me know what I've missed by leaving a comment below. Thanks for visiting and please come back next week for the series finale. We’ll talk about Google+ and it will be a longer post, if you catch my drift!

No comments:

Post a Comment