Thursday, March 13, 2014

All About Signs


I'm all about signs. Always have been. Neon tubing, back lit, theater marquees...you name it. In my opinion, a store sign is a lot like the artwork on the cover of a book: if done properly, it will be attractive enough to turn heads and eliminate any confusion about what the store offers.

I came across a recent post on Laughing Squid that featured the following video that compiled footage of hundreds of signs (store and others) that a fellow came across during a road trip.


I really liked this video. It reminded me of one of the first concepts I had for a wall poster.

Many thanks to Design Frenzy  for putting this together all those years ago.
Store signs are a key part of a brand - even in this digital age. Think about your favorite restaurant or department store and the feeling that comes over you when you see their sign. No e-newsletter or photo posted on social media can replicate that feeling. And that's why signs should always be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment